So I was tagged yesterday for "8 Random Facts"...I just don't know that I have 8 random facts about me. But I shall try...
1. I'm a stage girl. Not in the sense of the theatre stage (although, I'm sort of that, too) but I go through stages. Mostly with eating. For instance, about a month ago, I had to have ice cream every night. I know that seems normal, but now, I don't need to have it anymore. One time when Brian and I were dating, I had to have cereal all the time - even dinner. There have been Eggos, Costco muffins, protein shakes, etc. It varies what the food is, but when I find something, I stick to it for a while and then I'll decide I'm done. Just like that. I'm not sick of it or anything, I just don't "crave" it anymore.
2. I'm kind of OCD. (The girl from American Idol called it "Equal Opportunity" and then she became my new favorite contender.) When Brian kisses my right cheek, he has to kiss my left (not that he minds so much). If I get one hand wet, it drives me crazy unless I get the other one wet, too. If Brian gives me a hand rub on the left, the right will get jealous so it needs one, too. It just keeps it all fair and balanced.
3. I'm a hand washer extraordinaire. I hate stuff on my hands. I hate when they feel dirty and gross (this might be kind of OCD, too). I actually don't like rubbing Brian's head with my hands b/c it kind of grosses me out to have the gel and stuff on my hands (thank goodness he prefers a brush anyway). When I get home from shopping, I always wash my hands; or if I've been out taking a walk with the kid. The worst is if they're sticky. Ugh...I hate it. It's funny b/c Brian and I are not the same in this situation and I do not understand how he can function with less than clean hands.
4. I LOVE lotion. I have incredibly dry skin, and as such, I must have lotion (OCD yet again?). Obviously, since I wash my hands a lot, I use lotion a lot (one time, when I was a kid, I got a hand rash b/c my skin dried out and cracked). Every time I bathe or shower, I have to put lotion on. I put lotion on before I go to bed at night. And yes, if my skin feels dry, it drives me crazy.
5. I'm addicted to Chapstick. I dated a guy one time who tried to steal my chapstick to "break" me of my habit or something. All I could think was, "Why? Why would you do that?" I can sometimes use gloss but my lips tend to hurt by the end of the day b/c I rub it off a lot or something. Lipstick's a tough one, too...I've tried it, but really, if I want to kiss my honey, I don't want to be wearing lipstick anyway. So yah, I have to make sure I have chapstick wherever I go (I have a backup on my keychain, even).
6. I'm sort of afraid of elevators. Over the years I've had this recurring dream about fall in an elevator and it swinging by it's cables back and forth (even though I have yet to see one that could actually do that). Anyway, not too long before Wes was born I was working a temp job and one day got on the elevator and it dawned on me that I was kind of apprehensive in elevators. So after that day, I started taking the stairs 8 flights up (and 8 months pregnant). Now, I have to take the elevator with a stroller, which is a bummer. The weirdest thing: I love roller coasters.
7. So maybe it's more that I'm sort of clausterphobic. When I watch movies and people are suffocating or drowning or whatever, I always have to take a big breath to prove to myself that I can breath. I don't like having my face under blankets or sleeping in those cocoon sleeping bags. Sometimes Brian thinks it's funny to torture me and try and trap me under a blanket to show me that I could still breathe. But again I say, "Why? Why would you do that?" He gets a kick out of it though.
8. I'm a good business idea thinker upper. Over the course of a couple of years, I've started thinking up some really good business ideas...so good, in fact, that most people usually beat me to the punch. Brian's always impressed with my ideas and my creativity. The problem is actually just getting one of them going... Someday I'll just do it though...and then we'll be kabillionaires.
So, if you would like to be "tagged"...feel free to tag yourself!