Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Beautiful St. Patrick's Day

We had an amazing St. Patrick's Day with temperatures hitting the 60s. LOVED it! Since Wes is at an age where he's beginning to enjoy holidays, we thought it'd be fun to start some traditions. Here are a lot of pictures to document our fun day!



Some time during the night, a leprechaun came in the front door, walked to the fridge and dyed our milk green!




I don't think Sydney believed it, since she collected all the footprints and put them in a pile in the kitchen. I'm not sure why.





Here's Wes discovering the green milk. The problem with video-taping, is he knows he's supposed to react a certain way, he's just not sure what way that is. :)




Green outfits!




For morning snack, I made shamrocks out of refrigerated biscuit dough! (Super easy: cut each round in eight pieces then snip the top of those each of those pieces. Use a couple pieces to make a stem.)




We had a green scavenger hunt. We collected all the green things we could see in the front room and kitchen and then took turns hiding and finding them.




After quiet/nap time, we had a St. Patrick's Day party with some friends.




Sydney digging in to her healthy zucchini muffin topped with not-so-healthy cream cheese frosting.




Carter (back), Wes, Sydney, and Hayden eating their muffins.






Mmmmm...frosting!





Funny face! I think she was trying to do, "Cheeeese!"





We then had a craft project at the party. We strung green Rigatoni on green ribbon to make necklaces.




Carter, Jonelle, Carrie, and Kaylie working on their necklaces.






All the kids wearing their necklaces: Hayden, Sydney, Wes, Kaylie, and Carter.






After craft time we played outside. It was so nice, we couldn't stay inside for very long!






This girl loves the park. Apparently, she doesn't love the headband I put in her hair this morning. :)

5 comments:

marti said...

What fun and cute ideas. You are such a great mom!

Brady and Carol Greenhalgh said...

I totally agree! That looks like a lot of fun! Good ideas for St. Patrick's day.

Kevin Hanks said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! I'm actually super-excited now for holidays because our little one is started to understand what's going on... and it makes me excited to see it through their eyes! Awesome!

Of course I wasn't all that good for St. Patrick's day this year. Natalie did all THIS... and I wore a green tie to work. And it was just a little green, not really green.

Jennie said...

That picture of Sydney eating the muffing hilarious!

Kristin Rose said...

What great ideas for a fun filled St. Patrick's day. I think I will steal some of these once Mason is older. You are such a creative and fun mother.