Sunday, March 14, 2010

National Countdown - 1 Week to Go!


One week from today, I will be in DC and a Boston Qualifier! :) Positive mental attitude, right? (My high school chemistry teacher always said we could use 3 things on our tests: pencil, eraser, and our P.M.A. - Positive Mental Attitude.) I'm getting really excited and nervous!

This week was good. I stayed pretty sore from my 20-miler, so Monday's run was good to keep my blood flowing. It was hard to get moving at first though!

On Wednesday, we did Yasso 800's again. They weren't as easy for me as the first time I did them, but we got 10 done in under 3 minutes and 40 each. Since it's a predictor of marathon time, technically we should be able to finish our marathon in under 3 hours and 40 minutes!

I decided to pass on my Thursday run because I was having bad calf/shin pain again. I'd rather be extra careful this week! Saturday, we did our 10-miler in the rain (with wind gusts up to 30mph), but at least it wasn't snow! I think we're pretty much ready for anything DC throws at us weather-wise. We've done it all! As of now, the weather on Saturday is supposed to be a low of 49 degrees and a high of 65 and partly cloudy. Sounds awesome! :)

Weekly Goals
Monday: 5 miles at 8:35 /mi
Wednesday: Yasso's - 10x800 at 3:40 /800m
Thursday: 3 miles at 8:35 /mi
Saturday: 10 miles at 8:35 /mi

Outcome
Monday: 5 miles at 8:34 /mi
Wednesday: 10x800 at 3:24 min, 3:24 min, 3:27 min, 3:33 min, 3:28 min, 3:30 min, 3:29 min, 3:29 min, 3:31 min, 3:28 min
Saturday: 10 miles at 8:30 /mi

8 comments:

The Reese's said...

good luck!

tracie said...

Can't believe we're less than a week away. Sending good vibes to you. You'll rock it!!!

Elizabeth said...

I am so excited for you guys! Good luck!!! I know you will qualify.

grandmasmith said...

What are you doing for your shin splints besides rest? Michelle would get them quite a bit in high school track. Love,

Beccarigg said...

Woo Hoo!!! I can't believe it's one week away! I'm so pumped for you and I KNOW you're going to qualify for Boston! I told Kevin, "The only way she won't qualify is if someone chains an elephant to her leg, and even then, she just might do it!" :) You're going to have a great race. You've done all the work, now just go and celebrate!

Mubeen said...

How exciting!!!! I am super excited for you and will be thinking about you! Good luck!!

Melanie said...

Yay! All of your hard work is about to pay off. Good luck!

Travis and Lisa said...

So excited for you! Good luck and enjoy the beautiful city. You'll do great!